Each year we plan and host fundraising events large and small to raise money for our Foundation, participate in community events to create an understanding and build a relationship with the people and businesses we serve, and coordinate monthly service projects for members and guests. We work with a variety of local charities, so be on the lookout for our upcoming events and service opportunities.
Sunset Rotarians, family members, friends and guests…
- Coordinated an event with St Pete Brewing Company on World Polio Day to fundraise and bring awareness to Rotary International’s End Polio Now Campaign (https://www.endpolio.org/). For every beer sold, $1 went to support the campaigns efforts. Thank you St Pete Brewing Company!
- Partnered with the St Petersburg Young Professionals to host the annual Engage St Pete event, which presents an opportunity for young, up and coming professionals of St. Petersburg to connect with community leaders in an intimate, casual setting (https://www.facebook.com/engagestpete/).
- Volunteered with Edible Peace Patch to build a raised garden bed and conduct other garden maintenance at an elementary school in south St Petersburg (http://peacepatch.org/).
- Sorted through clothing donations and tested donated electronics at the CASA Collections Thrift Shoppe. All proceeds are used to fund CASA’s (Community Action Stops Abuse) programs and services for survivors of domestic violence (https://www.casa-stpete.org/).
- Made over 150 sandwiches with Two Hangry Chicks (https://www.facebook.com/twohangrychicks/) and their awesome crew!
- Assisted surfers and their families at the Annual Suncoast Surfers for Autism Beach Festival. The Surfers For Autism mission is to unlock the potential of people with developmental delays, support advocacy for autism issues and scientific research (http://surfersforautism.org/). This event is a club favorite!
- Removed litter from the shores of Lake Maggiore with Keep Pinellas Beautiful
- Officiated on the bocce ball courts of the Special Olympics Area 6 Summer Games (http://specialolympicsflorida.org/).
Installed sod and painted the interior of a Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County home (habitatpinellas.org/).